Category Archives: Bond Program

Phoenix’s A.E. England Building historic preservation bond request

[Source: Barbara Stocklin, City of Phoenix Historic Preservation Office] — The Historic Preservation Commission recommended approval to allocate $588,426 of Historic Preservation Bond funds to the A.E .England building, 424 N. Central Avenue, to serve the new Downtown Civic Space. These funds were delineated as a line-item in the 2006 Historic Preservation Bond Program. The funds will be used to rehabilitate the exteriors and perform structural repairs to the 1926 historic auto dealership building.